Castle Hills Pediatric Dentistry - Your Trusted Source for Frenectomies in Carrollton, TX
At Castle Hills Pediatric Dentistry in Carrollton, TX, we understand the importance of providing comprehensive oral care for children. Our experienced team, led by Dr. Abraham, specializes in a wide range of dental services, including Frenectomies. We're here to address any concerns you may have about this procedure and its benefits. Read on to discover how a Frenectomy can improve your child's oral health and overall well-being.
What is a Frenectomy, and Why Might Your Child Need One?
A Frenectomy is a minor surgical procedure that involves the removal of a small piece of tissue known as a frenum. There are two common types of frenum in the mouth: the lingual frenum (beneath the tongue) and the labial frenum (connecting the upper lip to the gums). When these frenums are excessively tight or attached too close to the teeth, it can result in various issues.
What are the benefits of a Frenectomy procedure?
- Improved Speech: A Frenectomy can enhance your child's ability to speak clearly by allowing for better tongue movement.
- Enhanced Oral Hygiene: Removing restrictive frenums can make it easier for your child to maintain proper oral hygiene, reducing the risk of dental issues.
- Pain Relief: In some cases, frenums can cause discomfort, especially during activities like eating or speaking. A Frenectomy can alleviate this pain.
- Prevention of Dental Problems: Frenectomies can prevent potential dental issues, such as gaps between the front teeth and gum recession.
Is Frenectomy suitable for my child?
Frenectomies are typically recommended for children when a restrictive frenum is causing oral health issues or interfering with normal development. Signs that your child may benefit from a Frenectomy include speech difficulties, difficulty breastfeeding, or dental problems related to frenum attachment.
What can you expect during the Frenectomy procedure?
- Consultation: Our dental team will assess your child's oral health and determine if a Frenectomy is necessary.
- Procedure: The Frenectomy is a quick and minimally invasive procedure performed under local anesthesia. Dr. Abraham will carefully release the tight frenum to allow for improved movement.
- Recovery: Recovery is typically swift, with minimal discomfort. Your child may need to follow some post-operative care instructions to ensure optimal healing.
Why choose Castle Hills Pediatric Dentistry for Frenectomies in Carrollton?
At Castle Hills Pediatric Dentistry, your child's oral health is our top priority. Dr. Abraham and our team have extensive experience in performing Frenectomies, ensuring the best possible outcome for your child. Our Carrollton location serves not only Carrollton but also surrounding areas such as Farmers Branch, Addison, The Colony, Coppell, Lewisville, Richardson, University Park, Grapevine, Highland Park, Plano, Irving, Highland Village, Flower Mound, Frisco, and Little Elm.
What is laser surgery? How does it work?
Traditional surgery with a scalpel or scissors can bruise or crush tissue. When we use the LightScalpel CO2 laser, only an intense beam of laser light interacts with the tissue. There is no mechanical trauma to the tissue and the coagulation zone is very narrow (as little as 50 microns – almost the width of a human hair).
The CO2 laser has the unique ability to vaporize or ‘erase’ tissue. The CO2 laser can be used to make incisions, as well as to remove unhealthy tissue. Our laser is so precise that it can selectively remove only a few cells at a time if needed.
Real Patients Results
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you believe your child may benefit from a Frenectomy or have any questions about this procedure, don't hesitate to reach out to Castle Hills Pediatric Dentistry at (469) 669-0222. We're here to provide expert care and support for your child's oral health needs in Carrollton and beyond.